Our Aims and Vision
‘Where learning flourishes through natural curiosity’
Every child is nurtured through a high standard of education and wealth of new experiences and challenges. Within a caring and Christian environment, the children enjoy the delight of learning through investigation, discovery and play.
At St Michael’s we aim to:
- Put the Christian faith and values at the centre of our school
- Equip the children with the skills and self-belief to achieve their dreams in an ever changing world
- See learning through the eyes of the individual child to meet their social, spiritual, moral, intellectual and emotional needs
- Provide children with a broad and stimulating curriculum where they develop their skills, positive attitudes to school and a love of learning
- Support collaboration between family and school and maintain strong links with the Church and community
St Michael’s Christian Values
As a Church school with a strong Christian ethos, we are committed to doing the best for all of the children in our care, making everyone feel included and valued.
We have worked with members of our community to choose 6 Christian based values that will help guide us to be the best we can be in our everyday lives:
These values will form the foundation of our choices as adults and we will take the time to learn more about what they mean and question what they might look like in our community and beyond, making sure this is understood by children and relevant to them.
“Values are the principles we live by, informing how we behave in our dealings with others, defining our morality and our aspirations. They represent our vision of the person we would like to be and our vision of the world as we would like it to operate.”
Sustaining hope in School leadership, Alan Flintham